This is the content strategy that will help build YOUR online authority FAST
There are plenty of YouTubers who get a lot of views, but they’re broke. No clients.
You don’t want that. You want to create videos to attract your ideal clients so they buy your product or hire your services.
That’s how you make real money on the internet.
But what kind of content should you do to convince strangers on the internet to give money to you?
So, I’ve condensed 3 years of my experience
- growing my personal brands online,
- learning from digital courses,
- expensive coaching programs
- & what I picked up from client work
into this FREE video so you can save a ton of time & money.
If you follow the EXACT strategy in this video, you’ll build a loyal audience & get potential clients flowing in like this, and getting emails like this.
Overview – Content Strategy
Here’s an overview of what I’ll be covering in this video
I’ll break the content strategy down into 3 stages:
- Show Competence – to show that you know your stuff
- Hero Journey – to get people to like you as a person
- Viral & Discovery – to get mass appeal
You need ALL 3 of these ingredients for a successful YouTube channel.
They all work together & your channel won’t work without each other.
This recipe will give your channel a CLEAR direction & boost your credibility
So you don’t waste time creating random viral content
that may satisfy your ego but doesn’t really convert into sales.
Let’s start with the first ingredient:
Stage 1: Showing Your Competence
The 1st order of business for your YouTube channel is NOT to chase viral content.
Your #1 job is to immediately prove that you know what you’re doing if someone hires or buys from you
because that is ultimately what you want, right?
Example content you need to produce to prove your competence are:
- Social proof/client interviews – People want to see how you can help others
- Case studies – 2nd best thing
- Educational videos (how-to’s)
Here are another 3 reasons why prioritizing competence content makes sense for a beginner YouTuber:
- You don’t have the chops to pull off viral content yet, but you should be confident enough to teach people stuff about your topic.
- Your prospects can see you talk & your personality on video – you want them to feel like you’re a nice & easy going person to work with
- Get search traffic – these are topics that people are searching – this will help your channel get initial traffic
But you can’t have all competency content on your YouTube channel.
It’s hella dry and boring
Also, when I started my YT channel, I focussed solely on search traffic & as a result,
I did get search traffic, but the viewers got what they wanted & never came back.
So, once you have around 5 proof of competence videos, you’re ready to move on to the next stage:
Stage 2: Hero Journey
The purpose of the Hero Journey content is to build a connection with your viewers & give them a reason to come back to your channel.
Look at your favorite YouTubers. Why do you subscribe & look forward to their next video?
For me, I follow several YouTubers, and it’s not because of their fancy cameras, mics, backdrop, or ADHD editing, but because they made me FEEL an emotion:
- Motivation/Inspiration – showing how they overcome a relatable problem: Dina Lu, Lynette, Life of Riza
- Empathy – I feel like you’re talking directly to me
- Insecurity – We all have deep insecurities, but never voice them out.
You can spark an emotion in your audience by leveraging your personality & personal stories.
Example hero journey content is to share relevant STORIES around:
- Your journey/vlogs
- Your wins & losses
- Lesson learned that inspires & motivates others
The whole point of this is to:
- To show that you’re an actual human & not AI
- To make them feel like they know you
- Make them curious about what will happen next (so they come back) – an episode of Friends
- Get sidebar recommendations & homepage traffic
You are the hero of your channel & your audience wants to feel like they know you & are coming along on your journey.
Hence the name, ‘Hero Journey.’
Once you have around 5 of a hero journey content, your playlist will look good & you can now move on to the final stage:
Stage 3: Viral Discovery
The last ingredient in your content strategy is what I call the ‘Viral Discovery’
The purpose of this content is to reach a wider newer audience.
Once you have reached this stage, chances are you’re already confident talking to the camera & sharing your stories.
You should have the skills needed to attempt viral content.
I have not had viral content myself, the most views I had in a single YouTube video was 121k views, and that’s from reviewing my robot vacuum – nothing to do with my niche
Once I do have several viral YouTube videos, I will make a new video to teach you all about it, so make sure you hit the subscribe button.
In the meantime, I’ve studied and reverse-engineered successful YouTubers for years, and here are viral content ideas:
- trending topics in your niche
- public figures
- Negatives – why the crypto market will never rebound
Cool, now you know the 3 content pillars or strategies that you need to do.
It may sound like a lot of work (and it is)
There you have it.
You should have 100% clarity on your Youtube content strategy to get potential clients coming to you.
The next logical step is to figure out which topic ideas specifically are worth creating a video about.
In order to do that, watch this video right here