Is it Cafe Summary
What is it?: Western cafe fusion with a slight Asian twist
Do I need to make a reservation?: Recommended
Parking: There’s free parking inside the compound but limited.
Ambiance: 5 out of 5
Is the cafe Halal?: Yes
What you should come here for?: The sandwiches / burgers
Average food price: RM 27 per meal
Is it worth it?: Yes for lunch dates. 4.5 out of 5
Will I come again?: Yes
Anything worth to mention?: Food portion is huge
Is the If Only Cafe Halal?
Here’s the response from the restaurant rep:
Now that’s out of the way, let’s continue with the ambience:
The cafe is located in Ampang, close to the American embassy and Tabung Haji. It is a small with a lovely tasteful décor. It’s totally an Instagrammable place:
There are 4 pages of the menu:
Here’s what my fiance & I ordered:
- Reuben sandwich – RM 35 (for her)
- Lamb shepherd’s pie – RM 34 (for me)
- Fried onion rings – RM 16 (shared)
- We didn’t ordered drinks, but free flow plain water
Total bill: RM 85 for 2 persons
- The lamb shepherd’s pie looked small but is really filling and delicious.
- The Reuben sandwich had generous amounts of beef, around 4 slices with no sauerkraut (I personally don’t like sauerkraut in a typical Reuben).
- The fried onion ring’s batter was thick and crunchy. It looked like fried calamari.